Sunday, October 30, 2011

Tool #5


I went on Storybird.com and wrote a story using artwork provided by an artist.  Student would love writing stories and sharing them with others.  We have been working on writing stories that have a beginning, middle and end and using details to connect ideas.  You can create a teach account and manage your class.  It is safe because the account is private.  Student names are not shown and you can choose how to share stories.  I can then embed the stories on our class blog.  Check out my story about my 6 month old black lab named Nellie!

I also went to wordle.com.  This can be used a variety of ways.  Students use it to do things like write their spelling words or write as many words they can find that follow the spelling pattern.  They also can write nouns, verbs, adjectives, synonyms, antonyms, etc.
I created a sample using my student's names.
Wordle: Names

No comments:

Post a Comment